Monday, July 25, 2011

I am seeing a lot of white lately...

If you don't know this already I love playing with my doll, Addy. Strange I know. I am a grown up and love any excuse to make something for a doll. This time is for a dear friend's daughter.

Ray has made the choice to be baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I am so proud of her and wanted to celebrate with her, even though she is so far away. She loves her doll just as I love mine and thought this might be something fun. Not spiritul or testimony building, but fun.

Her dress is made from my favorite white satin. I make everything out of it. I do stray very far from it. It is just a simple dress with a cap sleeve, gathered skirt and a netting overlay. I added a 1" satin ribbon to the hem of the netting. I really love that touch.
At the waist I also added the same 1" satin ribbon.

And of course, it has a velcro back. After all, what good is a little girls doll dress that she can't do up the back?

No comments:

Post a Comment