Thursday, July 23, 2009

Quilt along update

If you haven't noticed on my side bar on the right...I am a little excited about this quilt along project. It has already been a lot of fun. So the day I decided to join in on the fun, I went to my stash and found these two fabrics sitting right next to each other. They just screamed, "Make us into a quilt." Okay, I know fabric doesn't really talk, so don't add too much craziness to what you already think of me. I am not sure it will be enough so I will have to search some more to supplement. My fabric went into the wash that night so it would be ready the next day.
For Christmas last year I was given a new rotary cutter by my dear hubby. I told him at the time that I would have to make a quilt. So now 7 months later I pull it out of the packaging and cut my fabric into strips.
I really couldn't wait to do just one block a day like the quilt along. I sewed three strips and ended up with 8 finished blocks the second day.

The second day was so much fun that the third day was spent sewing more strips and cutting them up to make blocks, for a grand total of 36 finished blocks on day four. I think I am having too much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment