Wednesday, September 9, 2009

New Aprons

I have been very busy the last couple of weeks...but not at my sewing machine. In my kitchen, canning the wonderful harvest of the season. I really love this time of year when there is so much out there that is fresh. I do have a couple of small projects that I want to share. Inspired by a friend of mine, I decided that all the kids needed new aprons. They were so simple, the kids love them, and all created from my stash. That makes me happy! I got a new one too. But who is going to take MY picture?




Look, it is reversible!

They all are reversible with the pocket fabric on the other side, with a pocket of this main fabric on the other side. They actually look for reasons to wear their aprons...mostly wanting to help me in the kitchen. I can only take some much of that sometimes.


I also finished a shirt for Tee. A while back I found a woman that was making little girls dresses from a man's dress shirt. Tee is a little bigger than that, so hers is a long shirt. And she loves it! I found it a Goodwill. Really a great find! It is kind of hard to see (I may need to start hiring a photographer. I really am not that great at this!) but down the front is the buttons (sewn shut actually) and gathered at the neck and sleeve with elastic. She was very excited to find it in her drawer one morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment