Monday, January 31, 2011

Block a palooza

So, call me crazy (but I think lots of people do that already), I decided to join in on a quilt-along over at Quilt Dad. I am very excited about it. I decided that I needed to use some of my stash. True, I had to buy the green piece to make it fully work, but I think I am doing pretty good. This is the first of 16 original blocks that will be made over the next 8 weeks. 2 blocks a week. I was pretty pleased at how this one turned out. I have never done flying geese (the triangle blocks) before and that was fun. I only cut off one tip of a triangle. I almost took it out and tried again. Then decided that my first block could have a minor mistake. : ) This second block was a little different. Each of these little squares started at 2 inches...that means a LOT of little squares. I didn't appreciate that so much. But I do like the overall look.
Stay tuned...more to come...for the next 8 weeks or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment